My Photo
Name:
Location: Formerly Jivetown, Formerly Jiveland

Write as little or as much as you'd like...oh I shall. Try and stop me.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Prejudice

I said to the dead man smiling at me
"How do you do??"
He sat, but grinning with missing teeth
And did not reply, "Not bad, and you??"
I fondled his ribs
Now vagrant and hollow
And stuffed marbles in his mouth
To see if he still swallowed
Oh curious am I
About death and its shadow
But boring is the life
All gentle and mellow
My interests range from the verse
Which may be missing all reason
And of women and wine
Of which change with season
And so I turn
To the cold grey stone
Underneath the coffee grind dirt
Staring at half-eaten flesh and bleach white bone.
(Finding some old headless crone)

2 Comments:

Blogger -G.D. said...

This one is awesome.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Footprint said...

G.D.: It's an oldie but a goodie. Kind of like the demon-raping one. I was having a conversation with a friend of mine and she mentioned something like the line about the ribs and i knew i had to post this one.

BLUE: Thank you. Glad you like. I try to keep a captive audience. The subject of the poem was a former reader in fact.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home