My Photo
Name:
Location: Formerly Jivetown, Formerly Jiveland

Write as little or as much as you'd like...oh I shall. Try and stop me.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The first light at night
Come so far, swinging
Through the tunnel, beyong the jungle
Screams to beat the band

It the tenor, responsibility
Soprano, the lute of love
Alto, admonishing responsibility
And bass, the devil in my face

Life creeps up through the spine
Hand clenched toward the Devine
With the pain of living

"What do I do??"
"Who am I??"

And then my eyes and breath
Are taken from me
In the middle of the night
"It can't happen to me,"
"I fight the good fight"

But it's all too real
Broken noses, and slashed hearts.
There are only so many to count
Before darkness comes again.

2 Comments:

Blogger -G.D. said...

Hand clenched toward the devine, whith the pain of living...

I have felt this before, but have never seen it put into words.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Footprint said...

G.D.:Finding meaning in my existence by turning towards the divine i think is the motion of every human at some point in their existence. Asking - why am i here, why am i hurting, why are my loved ones dead, things like that...we never really thank as much as we probably should.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home