My Photo
Name:
Location: Formerly Jivetown, Formerly Jiveland

Write as little or as much as you'd like...oh I shall. Try and stop me.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Folding Kelley Williamson

Slide your fingers over the strings
Listening to the microscopic scratching it brings
Ridged fingers and moving air,
Play the song of possiblity.

Rising on both sides,
Through you eyes
The guitar's voice rushes you into my heart and flutters
Banging against the walls to free itself.

And as the silence closes its hand around the moment
I feel my breath in your pocket
And you take it with you.
Until next we meet.

4 Comments:

Blogger Footprint said...

no i don't sing, which is fortunate for other people's ears. i write alot, since i was 10.
rock on!!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Nam LaMore said...

what a terrific poem. poetry is suppose to allow each reader to take whatever is needed from the poem. i take from the poem: a most lustful affair.

i must dig up one of my old poems and repost it to my blog .. i don't write much poetry anymore, not sure why.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Footprint said...

nam: Write away man. Kelso is a writer and will be greater still as she continues.

if you ever get some up on the blog let me know. i'll check it out.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Footprint said...

um..no problem. you're welcome.

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home