My Photo
Name:
Location: Formerly Jivetown, Formerly Jiveland

Write as little or as much as you'd like...oh I shall. Try and stop me.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Waiting, waiting, for her return
Seems like, at the end of it all
That's all I can ever do.

I go do my thing. She moves on it her life.
And we come back together so briefly.

How many times has my heart written letters??
How many times was she conjured in my room??
Did she know she was visiting??
Could I reach the far away land and touch her cheek??
Would we ever be together??

My whispers to her are in the greenest reeeds
She told me once not to turn around
As I left.
Lest I see her weeping for us.

Or is it with absence of another
She seems the only choice
Is it re-occurring infatuating, or
The silt clearing out of the water to reflect true.

When will I know??
Will I know??
What will tell me so??
Will it be the stars?? Her eyes??
Tarot cards?? Reactions to other guys??
Things I can't buy??

Or will I ever know??
Will this paradoxical conundrum tattoo, fade and return
Saying simply here I am
The biggest thing in your past.

For the present I have not
And God knows why I never understand.
Screaming simplicity and love, I reach
Into the darkness for that
Which is unknown, plausible, yet improbable.

But it makes me smile and it's ok it nothing comes.
For once, long ago, we had something indescribably simple.
Enough to make even me smile.
Can anything else in this world be as sweet as that or her??

3 Comments:

Blogger Footprint said...

it's not like that. i wanted to hold on and be with her but i would be oversimplifying if i s/d that it was that easy.
you cannot believe that one butterfly will stay with you forever, they must fly on though, occasionally, they may return. she's on another coast right now and may return. but not today...

5:58 AM  
Blogger Footprint said...

STARLIGHT: No it is not about my friend who moved to the Lone Star State.
"If I may make an observation...", that's what comments are here for.
"you appear to have a number of women...that you have strong feelings for that are not with you...Is that intentional..." my friend in Texas and I have been friends for over 8 years and we have been through a lot so this is why i miss her. do i enjoy having people I care for deeply far away, no. it would be easier if they were nearby. perhaps i care for too many people. longing to me is attractive in the sense of i am sure how the feeling works. it's easy for me to express and i hold nothing back in feeling so. the person whom this poem is about is on another coast right now. i miss her deeply but will not admit it to myself b/c i will always hope for her return. we will not be together as a couple or anything but when someone "imprints" you there is something unspoken that i wish to express here.
Unrequited according to Dictionary.com means, "not reciprocated or returned in kind". It's funny you should say this because in my past I have often times lust after people who have no interest in me. But to realize the line to draw in knowing that to me is clear. Only twice has it been turned around on me to be fulfilled. It was most interesting and no I did not turn from them.
I've come to accept most of what I am. I no longer believe letting myself be delusional about possibilities because one can be. It's nice to think of what can be, but it is more important, to me, to be here now and realize what is and what can do.
Um...you're a lunatic, go to hell. But my religion doesn't have hell. And i don't think lunatics go to hell. Define lunatic in your terms please, b/c i have my own.
Thanks for asking.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Footprint said...

the middle post has been tagged with a comment. speak to you soon.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home